History , attraction, entrance ticket and the best way to visit Lempuyang Luhur Temple.
Lempuyang Luhur Temple located in the eastern part of the island of Bali, precisely in Karangasem Regency and is one of the tourist destinations in East Bali that must be visited.
This temple start to be famous about 3 years ago, when many posted photos when they were in a gate with the background of Mount Agung and the Gate began to be dubbed "The Gate Of Heaven" or the gate of heaven. Many of tourists come because they are amazed by the beauty of the largest and most important temple in Bali.
Read Also : " Hire Driver Bali All Inclusion Start From USD $45 "
Lempuyang Temple is located at an altitude of 1,175 meters above sea level. And to get to the photo spot that is being viral, you have to rent a shuttle that has been provided in the parking area by paying 50,000 thousand / person
The location for taking photos that is currently viral is called Penataran Agung Lempuyang Temple which is located in the Mount Lempuyang area. Meanwhile, Lempuyang Luhur Temple is located at the top of a mountain.
The Origin of the Name of Lempuyang Temple
There are several versions of the history of Lempuyang Temple regarding this matter. Let's start with the origin of the name of this highly respected temple. The word Lempuyang comes from the words "lempu" and "hyang". Lempu means light while hyang is a designation for God. So that Lempuyang Temple means the bright light of God.
Because indeed Lempuyang Temple is located in the east of the island of Bali, which is the place where the sun first rises.
In addition, there are those who say that the word Lempuyang comes from the word "empu" which means to guard. This is based on a source which states that Hyang Pasupati sent his three sons to protect Bali Dwipa from all shocks and natural disasters.
Read Also : " Agenda Bali Tour - Bali Transfer Service "
History of Lempuyang Temple
If referring to Lontar Kutara Kanda Dewa Purana Bangsul, which states that Sang Hyang Parameswara or Sang Hyang Pasupati brought the mountains in Bali from Jambudwipa, namely India (Mount Mahameru).
The pieces of Mount Mahameru were then broken into three fairly large pieces, and several smaller pieces. Where the middle part becomes Mount Batur and Mount Rinjani.
Meanwhile, the peak of the mountain is Mount Agung, which is the highest mountain on the island of Bali. As for the fragments that are small in size, they become a series of interconnected mountains. Like:
- canning mountain,
- Sangkur Peak,
- Rangda Hill,
- Trate Bang,
- field of Dawa,
- Tapsai, dan
- Mount Lempuyang itself
In the text it is also stated that Sang Hyang Parameswara or Hyang Pasupati assigned his son, Sang Hyang Agni Jaya Sakti, to come down to Bali with the aim of maintaining the welfare of the island of Bali.
Sang Hyang Agni Jaya Sakti then took a palace at Pura Luhur Lempuyang along with several other gods who came down to Bali. So it is not surprising that Lempuyang Temple has become so important among Hindus.
Meanwhile, based on the Lontar Markandeya Purana, Lempuyang Temple was founded by Rsi Markandeya around the 8th century AD as a place of prayer as well as spreading Hindu religious teachings.
Lempuyang Temple is divided into three mandalas, namely:
- Lempuyang Sor,
- Lempuyang Madya, and
- Lempuyang Luhur.
Location and Address of Lempuyang Temple
The location of Lempuyang Temple is on the eastern tip of the island of Bali, precisely on the eastern slope of Mount Lempuyang. As for the address of Lempuyang Temple, it is in Abang District, Karangasem Regency, Bali.
Route to Lempuyang Temple
The way to reach Lempuyang Temple is if you depart from Denpasar city by heading to Amlapura city which is the capital of Karangasem Regency.
Or you can go to Semarapura and take the direction to Besakih. Travel time is about 2 hours if departing from the city of Bali.
Currently the car park will be diverted to an available parking location, then to get to Lempuyang Temple you have to use the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus costs 50,000 thousand. Meanwhile, for those who use motorbikes, you can continue to drive to a location near the entrance counter.
After getting off the shuttle bus, you have to continue the journey on foot for about 5 to 10 minutes. Or you can also use the services of a motorcycle taxi, and pay around Rp. 10.000 - 20.000
Lempuyang Temple Opening Hours
The operating hours of Lempuyang Temple itself are open every Monday to Sunday from 06.00 am to 07.00 pm. The best time to visit the temple is in the morning and evening, and when the weather is sunny so you can take a perfect view of Mount Agung.
Lempuyang Temple Entrance Ticket
The entrance ticket to Lempuyang Temple is Rp. 50.000/person includes the cloth that you must use when visiting Lempuyang Temple. and an additional fee for the shuttle bus is 50.000/person. the total fee to be paid is IDR 100,000 if you want to visit the lempuyang temple
The Attraction of Lempuyang Temple
1.Gate of heaven's
This is a visitor's favorite when visiting Lempuyang Temple. Namely a gate with a stunning view of natural beauty coupled with the valor of Mount Agung.
Visitors can take pictures at the gate with the help of a local photographer, to produce very cool and eye-catching photos. With the beauty of the panorama it has, it is only natural that the gate is nicknamed the Gates Of Heaven.
2. Gelung Jaba Tengah Temple
Special Provisions When Visiting Lempuyang TempleLempuyang Temple is a sacred place for Hindus, so there are some rules or regulations when in the temple. These provisions include:
- It is forbidden to wear revealing clothes.
- Every visitor who comes must use the cloth given when buying a ticket.
- Do not kiss or do other indecent things.
- It is forbidden to use images using drones.
- For women who are menstruating or menstruating, it is forbidden to enter the temple area.
- Some of these provisions are clearly displayed when in the Lempuyang Temple area.
The best way to get to Lempuyang Temple:
- Public transportation facilities to get to the tourist attractions of Pura Luhur Lempuyang and nearby or nearby attractions, will be difficult for you to find. Especially if you stay at Kuta tourist attractions. Then what is the best way for a vacation, to be comfortable and safe?
- If you stay in the tourist areas of Ubud or Kuta, using a taxi will make your transportation costs swell. The best way is Hire Driver Bali All incusion
Hire Driver Bali All incusion
- There is a reason why we say, Hire Driver Bali All incusion is more cost-effective, comfortable and safe. The rental system in car rental + driver services in Bali, uses a minimum usage duration of 10 hours in one day.
- As an example. You use a Toyota Avanza car rental with a driver in Bali with a route to Lempuyang Temple, the rental fee is USD $65/car with duration 10 hours plus fuel.
- If you use a taxi, when the taxi is waiting at a tourist spot, the meter still runs. Therefore, the cost of a taxi becomes much more expensive, than using car rental services and drivers in Bali.
- One of the vacation tours to the Lempuyang Sublime Temple that we provide is the " Amazing East Bali Tour | Lempuyang Temple Tour ( Gate of Heaven ) "
- We are ready to assist you in providing cheap car rentals in Bali with drivers, as well as luxury car rentals in Bali, to take you on vacation to tourist attractions on the island of Bali that you like.