Tirta gangga Karangasem, history, location, price of admission, best time to visit.
Tirta gangga Karangasem - Bali
In the past, the Tirta Gangga tourist attraction was a water park of the Karangasem kingdom, but now Tirta Gangga is used as a tourist attraction in East Bali.
Tirta Gangga Karangasem History
The name of the tourist attraction Tirta Gangga, comes from the word Tirta which means holy water and Ganga which means the name of a river in India. Tirtagangga Karangasem water park, was built in 1946 by the king of Karangasem, Anak Agung Anglurah Ketut Karangasem Agung.
The Tirta Gangga Karangasem park complex was previously destroyed by the eruption of Mount Agung in 1963. The Karangasem district government rebuilt this park and designated it as a tourist area.
The area of the Tirtagangga park is 1.2 hectares, which extends and stretches from east to west. There are three levels of buildings in the Tirtagangga Bali garden. In the tallest building there is a spring under a banyan tree. The second level building, there is a swimming pool and the lowest building has an ornamental pond with a fountain.
Read Also : " Hire Driver Bali All Inclusion Start From USD $45 "
When tourists enter the Tirtagangga park, the first thing tourists see is the expanse of a pool of water and there is a towering temple on the right. In the water pool, tourists can see ornamental fish and the bottom of the pond. The water in this park is very clear and cool, because the pool water comes from springs not from processed water. The springs in Tirtagangga park by local people are considered as holy water. Used in religious ceremonies in the area around the Tirtagangga park.
The majority of tourists who vacation in Tirta Gangga Karangasem park are foreign tourists. However, at this time, the Tirta Gangga water park tourist attraction has begun to be attracted by domestic tourists.
Opening Hours & Best Time To Visit
Tirtagangga water park attractions are open from 08:00 – 17:00. Busy times of tourist visits from 12:00 – 16:00. On average, tourists spend 1 hour on vacation to Tirtagangga water park.
Most of the tourist activities while on vacation to Tirtagangga water park, like photo activities and feeding fish. Fish food can be purchased at shops located outside the area. There is one photo location that tourists like as a photo background. Namely a stone footing that looks floating on the surface of the water.
Tourist Attraction Location
Tirta Gangga Bali is located in Ababi Village, Abang District, Karangasem Regency, a district in eastern Bali. If you stay at Kuta tourist attractions, you will take 2 hours 30 minutes by car.
If you need a map for directions to find the location of Taman Tirtagangga Karangasem Bali, please use the map below!
The Best Way To Visit Tirta Gangga
- If you have never visited the tourist area of East Bali, we suggest you Hire Driver Bali. There is a reason why we recommend that you use a car rental service in Bali. or you can also choose the Amazing East Bali Tour | Lempuyang Temple Tour ( Gate of Heaven ) because the Lempuyang Sublime Temple is located in a tourist area in East Bali.
- With a driver who takes you, you won't get lost and don't waste time on the road.
- Because the distance is far from the tourist attractions of southern Bali, then you can rest in the car.
- Transportation costs are cheaper, because the cost of renting a car with a driver in Bali is calculated per 10 hours in 1 day.
- Tirta Gangga Karangasem Bali Entrance Ticket Prices
- To be able to enter the Tirtagangga water park tourist attraction, tourists will be charged an entrance ticket of IDR 50.000 / person. If you want to swim, an additional fee of IDR 10,000 per person will be charged.